cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jumped up from high limit AU card, why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score jumped up from high limit AU card, why?

My wife added me to her 10k nfcu card without telling me. Would have been nice, except it's at about 76%.

Transunion fico went up 13 points, which I thought was weird because my util was at about 10% before that card.

I didn't want that balance on my report so I disputed it with transunion. Two days later it was removed, and myfico dropped down that exact 13 points I had gained.

What effect was that card having on my score? My highest limit is only 1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score jumped up from high limit AU card, why?

Forgot to add that the card is only 1 month old so it also lowered my aaoa when i was added
Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm where was the score from and how many tradelines (revolvers specifically) do you have outside of the AU?

        
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

myfico 3b monitoring. i have 19 revolving accounts of my own

Transunion score was 620. Up to 633 when AU reported, fell back to 620 when it disputed off.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, only thing I can think of is it made a material difference to your revolving utilization.

I'd test it next month by reporting like 1% and seeing if it made a difference.  Otherwise, limits historically have been irrelevant to FICO scoring.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.