cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score just dropped nearly 70 points for NO reason...help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score just dropped nearly 70 points for NO reason...help!

I just logged in and saw that my FICO went from 683 to 615 overnight for no reason. I got no alerts...the only thing it said was, "Recently missed payment or date of last payment unknown" as a reason it MAY have dropped. I have no collections, no late payments on anything in over 12 months. What has caused such a significant drop in scoring? I recently applied for a refinance, but would two hard inquiries drop my score like that? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Score just dropped nearly 70 points for NO reason...help!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just logged in and saw that my FICO went from 683 to 615 overnight for no reason. I got no alerts...the only thing it said was, "Recently missed payment or date of last payment unknown" as a reason it MAY have dropped. I have no collections, no late payments on anything in over 12 months. What has caused such a significant drop in scoring? I recently applied for a refinance, but would two hard inquiries drop my score like that? 

Sounds to me that you may have a current missed payment. Maybe something you overlooked and thought you paid.

While it isnt clearly stated that may be the reason, the best advice I can offer is to pull your credit reports and compare them to an older report and see what has changed.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that too, but I only have three accounts I could have missed a payment on...all are set up automatically and all have come out of my bank account on time. 

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.