Established Member
Pickle027

Score just dropped nearly 70 points for NO reason...help!

I just logged in and saw that my FICO went from 683 to 615 overnight for no reason. I got no alerts...the only thing it said was, "Recently missed payment or date of last payment unknown" as a reason it MAY have dropped. I have no collections, no late payments on anything in over 12 months. What has caused such a significant drop in scoring? I recently applied for a refinance, but would two hard inquiries drop my score like that? 

Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: Score just dropped nearly 70 points for NO reason...help!

Pickle027 wrote:

I just logged in and saw that my FICO went from 683 to 615 overnight for no reason. I got no alerts...the only thing it said was, "Recently missed payment or date of last payment unknown" as a reason it MAY have dropped. I have no collections, no late payments on anything in over 12 months. What has caused such a significant drop in scoring? I recently applied for a refinance, but would two hard inquiries drop my score like that? 

Sounds to me that you may have a current missed payment. Maybe something you overlooked and thought you paid.

While it isnt clearly stated that may be the reason, the best advice I can offer is to pull your credit reports and compare them to an older report and see what has changed.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Established Member
Pickle027

I thought that too, but I only have three accounts I could have missed a payment on...all are set up automatically and all have come out of my bank account on time. 

guiness56

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+