cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score of 800 with a negative item..ie. 30 day late, 60 day late, etc.

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: Score of 800 with a negative item..ie. 30 day late, 60 day late, etc.

@gdale6 wrote:

@Tonya-E wrote:

Well I gave it one last shot with Equifax in getting that one baddie removed.  They have finally removed it.  I am waiting to see when myfico updates. I have confirmed the removal but I haven't received an alert on here yet.  I am hoping it updates quickly before my other accounts update this month. That way I can isolate the occurrence and what it does to my score if anything. I am sure it is bound to have some affect.  But it will be interesting to see exactly what happens...

Edit:

**I got impatient and decided to buy the equifax report....I went from 790 to 835 with just the baddie removal. So for me, it really made a huge 45 point difference!**

A large point move for a 30 day late but it can happen as you have just proven. Grats Smiley Happy

Thanks gdale!

The crazy part is the late was nearly 7 years old. But I will take it! That jump was in the 8 version.  It went from 755 to 774 in the 5 version. 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.