cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score of 800 with a negative item..ie. 30 day late, 60 day late, etc.

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Score of 800 with a negative item..ie. 30 day late, 60 day late, etc.

Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums to see if I can find anyone that has reached an 800+ score with a baddie on their report.  I am specifically inquiring about a 30 day late, however any baddie would work for my purpose.  Is there a point in re-bucketing where to reach that score your report needs to be clean? That is my understanding. I am interested to see if anyone has gotten there with a negative item still lingering.  If you have, please provide what your score is/was, what type of baddie you have, how old is the baddie, and what type of score change you experienced when the baddie fell off for good.

Thanks in advance! 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score of 800 with a negative item..ie. 30 day late, 60 day late, etc.

@tonyaether wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums to see if I can find anyone that has reached an 800+ score with a baddie on their report.  I am specifically inquiring about a 30 day late, however any baddie would work for my purpose.  Is there a point in re-bucketing where to reach that score your report needs to be clean? That is my understanding. I am interested to see if anyone has gotten there with a negative item still lingering.  If you have, please provide what your score is/was, what type of baddie you have, how old is the baddie, and what type of score change you experienced when the baddie fell off for good.

Thanks in advance! 

I personally know of no one who achieved an 800 with a derog on file and I have not seen any posts announcing such either and that is across multi boards. I rememeber someone saying a 775 could be obtained with a BK on file (from a simulator) but I have never seen that either.

Message 2 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

804 with a 6 year old 30 day late from Discover.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Oh wow,  I stand corrected....

Message 4 of 11
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

That's 100 points more than 04!

Message 5 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Wow Shogun!!  I have never heard of anyone getting there with a 30 day late.  Was it on Equifax or all across the board?  I asked this because I cannot seem to reach 800 with Equifax.  It has one 30 days late that WF removed from the other 2 bureaus but not EQ. It is from 08/2008, so 6.7 years old.  Everytime I use a simulator it implies that as the single factor holding me back from reaching 800.  Like I can enter paying my credit card balances to zero and EQ won't budge at all. But if I enter pay bills on time for 5 months, it goes to 845.  Now I know the simulators are not a true science and don't reflect what will actually happen. It just made me wonder as I have never seen anyone reach 800 with any negatives. This gives me some insight as I have now found a person that it has happened to. Maybe it's just that Equifax scoring model doesn't like me.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 6 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I personally know of no one who achieved an 800 with a derog on file and I have not seen any posts announcing such either and that is across multi boards. I rememeber someone saying a 775 could be obtained with a BK on file (from a simulator) but I have never seen that either.

Same here gdale. I have never known anyone to reach it with a baddie with the exception of Shogun now!

Message 7 of 11
bch238
Regular Contributor

My wife has a 30-day (Comenity Ann Taylor card)  from 11/2012 and has 802 (EQ), 803 (TU), and 792 (EX), all FICO, so it's possible.  For whatever it's worth, the score simulator suggests that not much improvement can be had (maybe 5-10 points) no matter what she does over the next 24 months.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 8 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Well I gave it one last shot with Equifax in getting that one baddie removed.  They have finally removed it.  I am waiting to see when myfico updates. I have confirmed the removal but I haven't received an alert on here yet.  I am hoping it updates quickly before my other accounts update this month. That way I can isolate the occurrence and what it does to my score if anything. I am sure it is bound to have some affect.  But it will be interesting to see exactly what happens...

Edit:

**I got impatient and decided to buy the equifax report....I went from 790 to 835 with just the baddie removal. So for me, it really made a huge 45 point difference!**

Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Tonya-E wrote:

Well I gave it one last shot with Equifax in getting that one baddie removed.  They have finally removed it.  I am waiting to see when myfico updates. I have confirmed the removal but I haven't received an alert on here yet.  I am hoping it updates quickly before my other accounts update this month. That way I can isolate the occurrence and what it does to my score if anything. I am sure it is bound to have some affect.  But it will be interesting to see exactly what happens...

Edit:

**I got impatient and decided to buy the equifax report....I went from 790 to 835 with just the baddie removal. So for me, it really made a huge 45 point difference!**

A large point move for a 30 day late but it can happen as you have just proven. Grats Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.