Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score question

tag
doc101
Regular Contributor

Score question

Recently gotten a loan refinanced thru Springleaf Financial. While signing the loan agreements, the rep informed and showed my credit score from Experian. It shows my score as 573, this was on 12/10. I checked here on 11/16 and my score was 644. Today, I ordered another score and report and now I'm at 664.  I compared reports and there were really no major changes other than CC balances were lower. How is it that Springleaf score is so freaking low? I have worked my butt off to improve all my scores, but why is there such a difference between Springleaf and myfico scores?

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Score question

Because they used a  different model than the one from here.  On myFICO EX is EX 08. 

Did they say theirs was a FICO score?

Message 2 of 6
doc101
Regular Contributor

i dont remeber her saying ''fico'' score but i do remeber her telling me that my credit report was pulled and my score was 573

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can always call and ask them.  Maybe they will tell you.  If they say it is a FICO it is just a different version/model than here.

There are 49 different version/moldels of FICO scores.

Message 4 of 6
mosros7

Is the EX score on myfico the true score or do you need to get that from a lender? I have Scorewatch now for my EQ but before I ordered TU and EX I wanted to make sure they are the scores the lenders look at and not FAKO

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mosros7 wrote:

Is the EX score on myfico the true score or do you need to get that from a lender? I have Scorewatch now for my EQ but before I ordered TU and EX I wanted to make sure they are the scores the lenders look at and not FAKO

All FICO scores are "true" scores.  It just depends on the scoring model used.  None of the scores from here a FAKO.

The only one from here that is the same as mortgage lenders use is EQ.  The TU and EX would depend on the lender.  EX is 08 version and is used by several CC lenders.  TU is an older version, 98, but is still used by some.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.