Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score watch says my score dropped 7 points but doesn't say why

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score watch says my score dropped 7 points but doesn't say why

So scorewatch says that my score dropped 7 points but doesn't say why. I have no alerts or anything and I can't find an updated credit report anywhere in my purchases. Do I have to pay the $10.95 for a new credit report if I want to find out why? Merrick Bank recently gave me CLD from $1000 to $300 and will close the account in 30 days for non-activity. There was no warning or anything and when I called they were totally unresponsive - I was ticked!!! Could this be the reason for the point decrease?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score watch says my score dropped 7 points but doesn't say why

If you don't use a credit monitoring system like CCT (ignore those scores and advice), the only way to see any changes to your EQ is to buy a new EQ report. Looks like you found the right link for the $10.95.

Merrick's action could cause a drop if your mix of credit is impacted and/or your util takes a hit.

BTW, DW has Merrick. When was the last time you used that CC?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi llecs,

Thanks for the response. Yes I think it impacted util, it was my big limit card and I had it for emergencies. The last time I used it was April 2007. They told me they are closing the accounts of anyone who has not used the card in a year.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

cashonlynow wrote:

Hi llecs,

Thanks for the response. Yes I think it impacted util, it was my big limit card and I had it for emergencies. The last time I used it was April 2007. They told me they are closing the accounts of anyone who has not used the card in a year.

Thanks for the input. Ideally, you'd want to use any CC every 4-6 months for, at the very least, a cup of coffee or pack of gum.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.