Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score won't budge!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score won't budge!

Ishmael109,
I am new to the FICO forum and SCOREWATCH. I have been closely monitoring my credit score for over 1 year now and have seen minimal increases in my score. I pay all my bills on time, I only have 3 credit cards with limits of $900.00; 2500.00; and 950.00. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can you please give me some advice? My goal is to buy a house by the end of the year but not with my current score. My goal is 760. Is it true that I should leave a small balance on my credit cards once a month?
Thanks,
Tish

edit: this post was split off the High Achievers thread to start its own thread

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-29-2008 07:32 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score won't budge!

Hi, tish, I can't find the original post by Ishmael, but I'll try to jump in.

What is your score now, and which score is it? (EQ-Equifax vs TU-TransUnion vs EX-Experian) And I assume that it's a FICO score, bought here, and not a FAKO.

Look on screen two of your FICO score report. What are the negatives, and what are the positives? These can be very useful in figuring out where you need to go.

What baddies are on your reports, and how old are they?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score won't budge!

Ideally, you want your balances to report less than 10% of the CL. If your score still doesn't move after doing that, them maybe there are bad items on your CR that need to be removed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.