Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorecards & Maximum Obtainable FICO

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Scorecards & Maximum Obtainable FICO

Since the FICO scorecard system is very much speculative, has anybody seen posted any anecdotal information about the highest FICO a given scorecard will allow?  We already know a flawless scorecard has a max of 850, but what about for example, a scorecard with CO and lates, or BK, or other derogs?

I ask because I seem to be stuck as far as myFICO TU reports regardless what I do with util and single card w/ balances vs. multiple cards w/ balances.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorecards & Maximum Obtainable FICO

Actually the max is less than 850. Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 5
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Actually the max is less than 850. Smiley Surprised

Understood, but that is the scale they advertise.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

On the question at hand, there is no fixed cap per bucket because of the buckets. Your score is dependent on everyone else's and because of that that cap is ever-evolving. Now it's generally known that it's difficult, but not impossible, to hit 750 with a BK reporting. Or very difficult to hit into the 700s with multiple major baddies. It's a YMMV thing based on the scoring bucket the person is in in relation to how the baddie reports.

Is util listed as a pos/neg factor anywhere on your TU FICO? If not, it'll be hard to impact your TU FICO on util alone. 

Message 4 of 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

Hold up, so FICO grades on a curve? That's messed up.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.