cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scored dropped after negative item deleted due to 7 years passing.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scored dropped after negative item deleted due to 7 years passing.

@Revelate wrote:

Also you might be rebucketed now anyway.  We really don't know (at least I don't think) how many collections past the first dump you into a second, or third, or higher order bucket even.  Presumably there's not a separate bucket between 1 and 2 collections (or on tax liens for that matter as another example), but between those and 10 collections?  Anecdotal evidence suggests they do this for inquiries, it's reasonable to assume it's in other parts of the scoring model as well.

I think deleting almost any negative is ultimately a positive in the mid-term time horizon, regardless of what the short-term score impact is.

Very good points made in this reply.

Something I forgot to mention in my reply is referenced above in red, I would rather have a perfectly clean report with a lower score, than a report with derogs and a tad bit higher score.

Because with a clean report and you making the right moves, your score can and will go way up.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies.

I was mistaken in calling it a CO. I paid it in a settlement with a CA. I guess I would call it one of my older accounts.

Just wait and see I suppose. One less red flag has gotta be a good thing at some point.

Message 12 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

So you are saying that when a collection, reported by a collection agency, dropped off, it lowered your score? 

Then no, something else must have happened.  Did you raise your utility?  Get out your reports, old and new, and go over with a fine tooth comb to figure out the culprit.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.

I was mistaken in calling it a CO. I paid it in a settlement with a CA. I guess I would call it one of my older accounts.

Just wait and see I suppose. One less red flag has gotta be a good thing at some point.

Well, if it was a CA, we can rule out the AAoA's being affected, since CA's do not contribute to your AAoA's, but CA's are factored into your score, and being that it was almost 7 years old, maybe the negative affect had diminished over time, and when it finally was removed your score did not increase.

As Booner has said it had to have been something else that caused the score drop, I'd look at your current report with the lower score and compare it to a previous report with the higher score, to see what may have changed that caused the score drop such as your util went up, or maybe you have let another CC report a balance this cycle, not only does Fico score you on overall util, but you are also scored on how many accounts you have with balances etc....

Hopefully you will find what caused the score drop, if you do, please report back your findings.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.