Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores all over the place

tag
sobeone
New Visitor

Scores all over the place

Hello. I until just recantly had zero credit. I couldnt even get a score. But then my student loan was all of a sudden forgiven and marked paid in full. Finnally after 30 years. The next week i already had a score of 710 on CreditKarma, I checked a few other places, Creditsesame,credit.com and Quizzle, all places offering a free score. 2 scores were 687 and 2 were 710'ish. I applied for a walmart card and got rejected then a week later they sent me a pre approval. Got approved for 1k but it cost me 2 hard hits by walmart. Then tried for a bank visa card from pnc bank were I have a joint account with my step Dad who has really good credit, somewhere around 760 with home loan, car loan and tons of other credit cards. We were rejected. It said because of a bankrpcy we both have . His was 10 years ago and mine was 9 years ago, THEN it gave me a credit score of 620, WHAT???? I dont get it. I know scores can be different from one place to another but by 90points. Who do I believe. the 620 score that had banruptcy or the newly approved Walmart that shows my score at 716. I hope someone out there can please take the time to help me out. All I want to do is be a responsible person NOW and get good credit for the first time. Oh yea i also have 4 new store cards, did the comenity bank card pre approval route with no hard hits and have a creditone,lol platinum card. I have a total of 2 or 3 hard hits, a student loan back 30 years, paid off and that is all thats on my credit report. Nothing bad.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores all over the place

One suggestion I'd make is reading this article, that discusses the factors that make up a score:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

The second suggestion would be to avoid most of the scores out there, that vary widely, and instead focus on a recent version of a FICO score, such as the EX 08 or EQ 08 or TU 08 models.

Some places where these scores are available are Barclays, Discover, Walmart, and this site.

Message 2 of 3
sobeone1
Regular Contributor

Re: Scores all over the place

I am looking at my score right now on my walmart creitit card that gives me a score of 716 BUT the other daay i recieved a rejection letter from PNC bank underlining banruptcy as reason for deniel and score of 620. All other places I check my score are 686, 687, 717, 718. So you can see my confusion. Which is it 620 or around 700.

credit karma has my scores at T.U 637 Equifax 668 but all of my Major cards have my score between 710-730 fico AAoA 7months with 16 inquires T.U & Eq 12 inquires.

Fingerhut $1200 my first credit. Discover it 4.5k, Paypal extras 7.8k, Barclays 2.2k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 25k, Amazon 6.5k Cap1 Q.S 4k, Venture 10k, Voice 10k, Chase freedom 2k Slate 3.5k, 5th 3rd 10k, overstock2.9k, Kingsize 1k. Nasa 20k, NFCU 14k, loc 10k, BBVA 14k, Amex ED 10k, income 76k (I put them in order of receiving them)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.