Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores here different than FCR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores here different than FCR

Hi patrickpires and welcome,

I've moved your post to start a new thread here. All I've changed is the title.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

why do myfico scores differ so much from FCR.

Equifax here is 678 and over at FCR is 643 O.O

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Scores here different than FCR

FCR does not provide a FICO score.  It is a FAKO score and can be ignored along with the advice they give to improve it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

FCR is a FAKO.  Don't use it as a guide to what your real FICO score will be when you apply to a lender.  But it can be used as a guide to see how your credit is improving.  And I dont know about ignoring the advice it gives to improve score.  If I remember correctly, myfico and FCR gives similar advice off same credit file.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

FCR is a FAKO.  Don't use it as a guide to what your real FICO score will be when you apply to a lender.  But it can be used as a guide to see how your credit is improving.  And I dont know about ignoring the advice it gives to improve score.  If I remember correctly, myfico and FCR gives similar advice off same credit file.

If, and it's a very big "if" FAKO scores always moved in the same direction as FICO scores in reaction to any particular action then you could use them to see trends. But FAKO's seem to have a mind of their own and can and often do move in the exact opposite direction as FICO's. Because of this you cannot rely on them for continued accuracy.

Ignore all FAKO scores and all FAKO advice all the time. You'll be much better off.

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Also a FAKO score change might not even result in a FICO score change.  That lesson cost me $16 bucks.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.