Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores over 800 but with questionable items on report

tag
MsFICOGamePlayer
Established Member

Scores over 800 but with questionable items on report

I'm hoping some of the pros can explain what's happening here... My scores have finally exceeded the 800 mark. (Yipee!!) But, I can't figure out what's happening on the latest reports.

-What's helping your score - both TU and EQ state 'there are no positive reasons to show'
 -What's hurting your score - both TU and EQ list 3 items. EQ has a 4th of 'Not reported'. None make sense.

There are no negatives or inquiries on either report.

On another note, I have 1 CC that has a 44k CL. EQ shows this as the largest past balance. TU shows it as the limit. Both reports show this account as 'Consumer disputes this account information'. I've not disputed this or any other account. Who's responsible for this statement? The CC or TU/EQ? Should I care?

If I'm not mistaken, utilization is normally included in the what's helping/huring section but neither section include utilization. Even if this account isn't included in my credit mix, my util is still close to zero so I'm not overly concerned but definitely curious.

What's going on here?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores over 800 but with questionable items on report

Congrats on the scores!

Hmmm. By per chance did you ever visit www.myfico.com/12 (note the "/12")? If not, don't visit there. It'll add a cookie and mess up your reason codes. If you did go there, it is easily fixable by clearing your cookies. Other than that, I have no clue.

For the statement, it could either be caused by a dispute directly with both or either CRAs or it could have been caused by sending a letter to that CCC or calling about the reporting aspects of that account. How long has it been on there?

Message 2 of 5
MsFICOGamePlayer
Established Member

Thanks Ilecs! What I've learned from this forum has helped me get to this point. 

I have gone to /12. So, I cleared myfico cookies and although the reasons are still the same, I now see Reason Codes that weren't there before (12,24,5,30,14 and 0).  And now, there is no 'what's helping your FICO score' section at all (before it was there with the one comment).

Looks like the dispute has been there for some time and I just hadn't noticed. I see it back on a 2008 report. An EX report showed 'by subscriber'. Could this simply be a way of excluding the CL from util? If I remember correctly from a calculation last year, btwn TU and EQ, one included the high CL in util and the other did not.

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The slant-12 site does not list any positive factors, which in fact, are more of a warm-fuzzy feature on the regular myFICO site. They're actually the factors that are hurting you the least, or not on your reports.

The benefit of the slant-12 site is that for those with higher scores, the regular myFICO report lists fewer and fewer negative reasons, apparently to soothe tender feelings. Smiley Happy The negatives are still there; they're just not displayed. The slant-12 site will list them, which is useful to know.

Do realize that with higher and higher scores, the second and following negatives are relatively weak. If they were really damaging you that much, your scores would be lower.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
MsFICOGamePlayer
Established Member

Interesting... Well, there's nothing I can do about the first negatives. One says my revolving credit history hasn't been established long enough (12yrs) and the other is a new account recently opened (last was a mortgage, 18mos ago).

Now that I'm debt free, my objective is to stay that way. I'm a huge fan of both Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard. If I play my cards right, I'll maintain my scores (maybe even increase them) and stay debt free! I know there's no real difference between 800 and 820 but I'm a bit caught up in the game now. The more I understand the rules, the better I can play. Smiley Wink

Thanks for feedback!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.