Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores stalled...any suggestions?

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Scores stalled...any suggestions?

Ok so I have cleaned everything up for the last two years of history.

Still some late pays older than 2 years on my report that I can't get off.

A forclosure that cannot be removed, still have 2 years before it drops off.

Inquiries are hurting my score I know, along with new lines of credit.

No CA's or CO's

All cards are at $0 except one and I have 5% utl on it.

Any suggestions to get my score moving again or is it just a waiting game? (If so, on average what points can I gain just by maintaining now)

*8/10/13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores stalled...any suggestions?

No suggestions? 

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Fico loves to see activity on credit card with some UTIL. What I do is I use my cards once a week, buying gas, or cigarettes or beer lmao. I then pay more than the actual payment amount but leave the util between 1-9% util. Once my statement cuts I pay it in full and repeat that process every month. 

As far as your lates, are they 30, 60, 90? days lates? 

Message 3 of 6
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Fico loves to see activity on credit card with some UTIL. What I do is I use my cards once a week, buying gas, or cigarettes or beer lmao. I then pay more than the actual payment amount but leave the util between 1-9% util. Once my statement cuts I pay it in full and repeat that process every month. 

As far as your lates, are they 30, 60, 90? days lates? 

Thanks for the reply.

I have been carrying a balance on 1 card just so I can show activity (currently 5%) overall UTL.

On my other cards such as Amex, Discover I make charges and then pay in full as soon as it shows up online. (basically like a debit card)

Lates: I have 5 - 30 day lates and 1 60 day late that are 2 1/2 years old.

Forclosure that shows 180 day late several times in 2009 with BoA. ( They have not reported anything since December 2009)

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 6
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Anyone have any other advice?

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 6
keithw1975
New Visitor

I would say that it is just a matter of time. It seems like it takes 3 or 4 years of perfect payment history before things start really improving.

Oddly enough my only baddies are some paid in full medical collections from a couple years ago and my score is TU 640/EQ 602. My wife on the other hand had more medical collections, a bank card that went to collections and one medical even turned into a judgement. After all that her EQ score is 588, only 14 points lower than mine!

CC compainies though seem to make more sense and look at the history because she can't get a card on her own with a limit of more than $600 while my highest is $2500.

We have both paid off all of our debt and are just waiting for time to pass.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.