Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores!!??!

tag
rredstick9
Valued Member

Scores!!??!

Everywhere I look my scores are all different.  Some are higher and lower.  Where is the best place to get all accurate scores that creditor/lenders use?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Scores!!??!

Sorry to say there's 49 different scoring model available to lenders and it just depends on which one the lender wants to pay for.

Even that can change scores some like Amex and Chase pull your score and then have their own internal scoring system in place based on who knows what. 

Bottom line the best road to an approval is to make sure your CR's are in top shape 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
rredstick9
Valued Member

wow, that is crazy.. what is the easiest way to make sure they all match?

Message 3 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

I would use FICO instead of FAKO, and get them from the same place every time.

For example, I get EX and TU FICO scores from PSECU and Discover each month.

The scores still may not match, because of different FICO scoring models, because of different information on reports, and because scores are calculated at different times during the month.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@rredstick9 wrote:

wow, that is crazy.. what is the easiest way to make sure they all match?

It's pure coincidence if they match. 

Focus on the reports: make certain they are accurate, and then make certain they're as pretty as possible. 

Simple truth is that if you have a pretty report you have a pretty score *regardless* of algorithm chosen.  

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.