Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Alert...

tag
roxy33
New Visitor

Scorewatch Alert...

I am getting scorewatch alerts letting me know that my FICO has decreased by 11 points or 79 points.. which is alarming, considering I have NOT made any late payments at all. When I click on the link to see the reasons, it gives me 2 reasons, non-specific to any account that I hold. One reason states that I have missed a payment or late payment is being reported, and I can't remember the other reason. When I look at my report, it doesn't show anything being missed or late.

Sometimes the score goes up the very same day or the followng day. This is all so confusing, can someone please explain?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scorewatch Alert...

Multiple alerts, always the same score changes?

I think you have a "split file." This occurs when there is so much data on your credit report that it splits in two, some accounts on one portion and some on the other. Depending on which portion is being reviewed, you get a different score.

Call Equifax and tell them that you think your file is split, due to receiving two wildly different scores several times. It happens enough that they should sigh and work with you.

If you have an old copy of your report, either printed or saved to disk, that can help them rebuild your file.

If you didn't get multiple alerts, then sorry, it could be something completely different!

The reasons that come with a SW alert are generally hogwash. You're probably going to have to pull (= pay for) your report to figure out what's going on. Luckily, I suppose, it's discounted through your SW subscription.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
roxy33
New Visitor

Re: Scorewatch Alert...

Thanks for the suggestions., I am due to pull another report on Aug 6th. I will comapre it to previous reports then and see what the H*** is going on!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.