cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch alert = updated accurate score?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

Scorewatch alert = updated accurate score?

Like the subject says.Is the scorewatch alert = an updated score?
Thanks guys in advance! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Scorewatch alert = updated accurate score?

In theory. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes, yep...
Message 3 of 14
golo
Frequent Contributor

Why you say in theory? I mean,if the SW gives me a score,why would i have to purchase another pull? 

Message 4 of 14
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@golo wrote:

Why you say in theory? I mean,if the SW gives me a score,why would i have to purchase another pull? 

From what I understand, SW will not trigger an alert unless there is activity that has been reported from an outside source (like new inquiries, payments, etc.). As far as I can tell it does NOT trigger an alert for internal activity such as inquiries falling off, AAOA calculations and other automatic changes. I think it 'waits' for an outside activity & then recalculates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it seems to work on mine.

Message 5 of 14
pakman92
Established Contributor

@sunshine7157 wrote:

@golo wrote:

From what I understand, SW will not trigger an alert unless there is activity that has been reported from an outside source (like new inquiries, payments, etc.). As far as I can tell it does NOT trigger an alert for internal activity such as inquiries falling off, AAOA calculations and other automatic changes. I think it 'waits' for an outside activity & then recalculates. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it seems to work on mine.

Above is true, but the score that comes with an alert (when it is triggerred) should always be accurate.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 6 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@golo wrote:

Why?!

ScoreWatch does not run in real time. Simply put, other monitoring services just update/alert faster. I think it's fine for having a general idea of what your FICO score. People expecting a lot of movement or monitoring things falling off tend to get frustrated and burn/score reports. Smiley Happy

I'd like to believe the Alert score is relatively accurate.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@sunshine7157 wrote:

@golo wrote:

Above is true, but the score that comes with an alert (when it is triggerred) should always be accurate.

SW will give you an updated score every 7-10 days even if that update says there is no change.  It will scan your report and tell you your FICO without any of the triggering events.  The problem is we all get antsy and do not want to wait out the 7-10 days and pull the trigger on a new report.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 8 of 14
kjm79
Valued Contributor

The alerts you get also highly depend on where your setting are.  There may be a change to your report that makes your score rise to 650.  But if your setting is set to only alert you if your score is 700, you may not get that score.  The report change and score alerts also don't always go hand in hand.  Your score might change and info might have changed on your report, but the new score may or may not be related to the new info. 

I've got the there has been no change detected in your score message (usually every Sunday) and have pulled my new reports anyways because it was the time for me to (beginning of every month) and there was in fact a score change.  The alerts aren't always reliable unfortunately.  If something big changed and you don't see movement, it might be necessary to pull a new report, if you don't mind paying for it.  I like myFICO for the score when I need it and of course the forums.  Smiley Happy  But I don't really consider it a "CMS" personally.  I do like the layout of the reports but details are lacking. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 9 of 14
golo
Frequent Contributor

So the score from SW alert is not an accurate updated score? We can conclude? I say it cause I just paid off an old charge off that it was prolly included in the utilization and got an alert and the score didn't change at all... Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.