Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch

tag
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: Scorewatch

OK. I had my target score set to 600. It was 542 when it was originally pulled several days ago. I set it to 542 yesterday. However, if it went up a few points between those times and continues to go up will I not see any alerts? Is it only if it passes through your target score that it triggers an alert? This is confusing! And I minored in math in college.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, well now, that is a good question.

There are other alert options that will trigger an alert, but I'm stumped as to how the target score option works if you don't know for sure what your score is at the time. sorry... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I set ALL my alerts to the minimum. It does not check every day - if there is no new account, no new inq and no balance increase to trigger an alert, then it checks about once a week
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 17
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Cool. I'm actually using this to try to track my score going up as I do things to increase it like PFD collection, gw late accounts, pay down revolving balance, etc. It seems like this system was designed to alert you when things happen that would cause your score to go down. So, MV, is it true that if I pay down utilization from about 80% to 20% or so before my statement date, then I should expect to see a credit alert about a week or so after my statement date (assuming my score increases)? Do I understand that correctly?

Message 14 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

1-2 weeks depending is my guess (don't forget it is only EQ, and they are not always the fastest to reort changes on the CR).

So set your target score at your current score or 1 above, and set everythinmg else as fine as possible
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 17
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

got it! Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

This is probably the reason why it took so long for me to get my first SW alert. When it finally did, it was a 26 point pop. Does it drive you crazy to see all of the rapid little moves? It might make me crazy to receive all of those up one point, down four points. That being said, I will change it right now. Thanks HTSU and all.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.