Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring differences between EQ and TU

tag
DanielF
Contributor

Scoring differences between EQ and TU

Question.... Had a collection removed completely from reports.. got about a 17 point increase from TU but a 1 point drop in EQ. Any ideas why. I have so many accounts the AAoA effect should have been next to nothing.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Scoring differences between EQ and TU

@DanielF wrote:

Question.... Had a collection removed completely from reports.. got about a 17 point increase from TU but a 1 point drop in EQ. Any ideas why. I have so many accounts the AAoA effect should have been next to nothing.

EQ doesn't like collection accounts.  More so than TU or EX.  EQ is slow in reporting upgrades but fast in down grapes. 

Message 2 of 6
DanielF
Contributor

I pulled a fresh score power report and EQ shows the account deleted, but the score went down 1 point. Is it possible that it takes EQ longer to update the score, but the report is updated?

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The FICO score that you get is based on how your report looks at the exact time you requested it ~ there is no lag in updating.

It sounds to me that you probably have other negative information on your EQ report that might not be there on TU.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
The FICO score that you get is based on how your report looks at the exact time you requested it ~ there is no lag in updating.

It sounds to me that you probably have other negative information on your EQ report that might not be there on TU.

Plus each CRA looks at and scores the same information just a bit differently. For example TU always tells me my "non-mortgage balances are too high" whereas EQ seems not to care in the least what those balances are.

Message 5 of 6
DanielF
Contributor

EQ does report my foreclosed second mortgage from 2006 diffrent than TU but that is the only difference. When I do the simulator it says my EQ score will go up 30-45 points with one month of ontime payments so I guss we will wait and see. Thanks for the responses.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.