Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring impact of different types of public records

tag
3darcher2
New Contributor

Scoring impact of different types of public records

Does anyone have any input as to how much impact different types of public records have?  Are they the same?  Like a 2 year old released tax lien is the same as a 2 year old paid judgment?  How about amount?  Is a $10,000 judgment worse than a $500 one?

If you had an otherwise clean report, what would be worse score-wise?  A $1000 charge off or a $1000 judgment.  I have read PRs are the worst, is that true?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scoring impact of different types of public records

I believe that all PRs are scored the same. For certain, the balance doesn't matter at all, just like with CAs.

I'd guess the initial hit would be the same. If I had to choose, I'd choose the CO, privided it wasn't a CC CO hurting util too. At least with the CO you'd have the age and potential positive impact to AAoA helping you.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Scoring impact of different types of public records

Public records, for the most part being determinations based on findings of facts of consumer indebetness by a governmental/judicial agency, would, in my opinion, carry more weight that an internal bookeeping determination of a creditor.

Apart from the actual FICO weighting, manual review of PRs leads to  subjective opinions by creditors, and may be more significant than the actual point impact.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.