Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring possibilities....

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Scoring possibilities....

So this month, my UTI will report just under 5%. I also just had a collection get deleted for $1175. What impact will that have on my score? Mind you I'm still rehabbing my student loans(2OC, 2CA, ALL THE SAME, 1 DEPT OF EDU)...SLs are 7 yrs old... and two COs, one from 2007, the other from 2008 are still on my reports. Perfect payment history since 2010.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scoring possibilities....

Congrats on the forward progress! YMMV on the score change. There are too many variables here. The amount of the CA doesn't matter. But if it were your newest CA then you'd possibly see some gains. It also depends on your other baddies and how those report, whether or not they update, etc. Likewise, your score improvement will vary with improved util. It depends on the before util, whether or not CCs were over the limit, mix of credit, whether or not util was listed as a negative FICO scoring reason, and whether or not those two COs are unpaid CCs and updating.

Message 2 of 6
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

nope, cc's weren't maxed out. both cap 1 cards have been kept under 10% for the past month, with the NFCU card getting all of the usage. last month, reported $495. this month, will report between $200-300. yes, the recent deletion was the most recent collection. since my student loans have defaulted, two of the original TLs report "claim with the govt" and the two duplicates are the collection TLs. They get updated monthly, as i'm rehabbing them.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 6
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I'll be reporting 4% utilization. That collection was from jan 2009. The student loan collections are up to date, with balances reporting lower than last month.
Message 4 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

seems like you're definitely in the same boat as i am with student loans & collections.  Did you tried writing GW letters to schools & loan agencies?  I just finished doing it, now just the waiting game i guess.  I'll also keep you posted if any good things happen from the GW letters.  And yea, let me know if you app for the AMEX PRG!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 6
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I'm currently in month 5 of rehabbing. I've read some threads on here that there is no point to try to GW while rehabbing. My DW set up the loan repayment from the states, as I'm currently deployed. We did get in writing that the TL would be removed once the rehab was complete(AES is the OC as well as the CA), and my Dept of ED loan will go back to the school(again, have it in writing) it originated with. I will consider GW when that time comes. I'll prolly take the advice from folks on here and app in November/December for the PRG.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.