Secured CC reporting/scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured CC reporting/scoring

CU
-----
-
Account No.:            xxxx                            xxxx                            xxxx -
Condition:                Open                          Open                          Open (Paid)-
Balance:                   $19                              $19                              $0 -
Type:                        Secured credit card    Credit line secured  -
Pay Status:             Current                         Current                        Current-
Past Due:                $0                                                                     $0 -
High Balance:         $228                             $335   -
T erms:                                                                                              10 months -
Limit:                         $300                              $228                           $300 -
Payment:                                                                                            $0 -
Opened:                 05/02/1995                   05/1995                      05/1995-
Reported:               07/31/2008                   07/31/2008                07/2008-
Responsibility: Individual Individual Individual

This was my first official CC. Car dealer suggested I do this when I returned from overseas with no credit. Decent suggestion looking back. I intend to keep it open indefinitely for history.

Here's the question, why does it report so differently? I'm 99% sure it has updated all 3 CRAs as of 1 August. EQ makes it difficult because they only report month of report. It is a $300 secured CC. It has a $19 balance I let report to make sure it showed activity, hadn't used it in years....

The only report that looks 'right' to me is TU. I have tried disputing with EX and EQ to get them to show the account like TU, but no luck. The limit on EX is wrong. 

The terms and balance on EQ is wrong.

Due to EQ not showing a balance, I didn't get a SW alert I expected. A few months ago, I started pulling CRs/disputing/signed up with TC and SW.

Somewhere in all that I did see something about this account being inactive, hadn't used in years. I finally got a new card and used it, but EQ doesn't seem to report much on this.

How can I ensure EQ is scoring this correctly?

Oh, the CRs directly from CRAs, show this account as revolving on 2 reports and installment on 1. EQ has it in the installment section IIRC.

Edited: UGH, sick of trying to format this... they need a better WYSIWYG editor... Hopefully it's readable

Message Edited by gordonbs on 08-16-2008 06:43 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Secured CC reporting/scoring

Well, that is a messy one. Was this a card for buying furniture or something? I'm trying to figure why on earth EQ would interpret it as an installment over 10 months, paid.

So it's still open? And you have a $19 balance? If it's open, that will make it easier to talk with the CCC and ask them to take a look at how it reports on their end.

Who's the bank/CCC? In other words, which card?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah thanks for quick response. I just finished 'editing' it.....

It's a military Credit Union. $300 secured Visa.

Yes, still open. Just used it for $19 in early July to force it to report. Obviously I can say TU and EX updated. I think EQ did, but might have to wait another 2 weeks to be 100%.

Message Edited by gordonbs on 08-16-2008 06:46 AM
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd wait for EQ to stagger through, and then if it's still showing as installment, I'd start with the CU, asking them to look at the coding on their end. It's handy that it's a CU --they're usually more cooperative. If they say it's OK, pull on your hip boots and start on EQ next.

I tried getting info over the phone on whether my charge card is reporting properly on EQ (it's hard to tell) and got nowhere fast. Since you have an actual error, you might try an online dispute first, although I don't remember if "wrong type of credit" is one of the pre-fab options.

edited to clarify that the phone is often pretty useless with EQ

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-16-2008 06:21 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.