Valued Contributor
p-

Re: Secured Loan to improve FICO?

Good luck!

12-15-14: FICO EXP: 813 - EQU:802 - TRAN: 756 - AVG: 790 +240 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Contributor
Ms-Kato

Did you call all the back door numbers and explain to them what

you said here ?

What's your AAoA ?

Blogger
HiLine

llecs wrote:

I've let my views be known before on the topic of secured loans. I think they are a waste of resources, have very little impact on mix, potentially lower your score due to new credit and AAoA, and cost $$$ to boot. There are also posters in here who have hit 800+ with no loan reporting. BTW, higher CLs don't help your score, though properly utilizing the CLs you have will.

I know it gets frustrating...we've all hit that FICO credit wall.

Thanks for your views. I was thinking of getting a secured loan to help the mix, but if its impact would be minimal I wouldn't bother. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}