Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously bummed about my EQ FICO score

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Seriously bummed about my EQ FICO score

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I can't wait until my lates (including baddies on two accounts) fall off EX and EQ in a few years. Most are already off TU (including the baddies) and I am very close to high achiever status there. When they all finally fall off I should be come out around 780. Question is: is it worth getting older to have this stuff age off. That's a tough call!

Not unless you're worth a hell of a lot more money. Otherwise not so much.

Message 11 of 18
happy0510
Established Contributor

I'm in the same boat.  I have an old CO due to fall off early 2011 but am going to try and dispute mid 2010 to see if they will do an early delete. I have had it done in the past. But....then here comes the bucket!! My AAoA is going to get rocked!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Attempted removal of valid information from CBR's via dispute is neither ethical nor recommended.
Message 13 of 18
boireann
Regular Contributor

Yeah, don't dispute the DOFD if it's correct.  You won't get anywhere and it'll update to look like a fresh collection instead of an old one.  You'll have to go to the CA directly and talk them into removing it entirely.  Don't give up if they give you the "we can't delete before the fall off date" nonsense.
01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 14 of 18
boireann
Regular Contributor

I am no longer seriously bummed! Smiley Very Happy  Got rid of the last baddie and my EQ FICO score zoomed up to 778!  Wow.  I didn't think I'd get more than 50 points.
01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 15 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@boireann wrote:
I am no longer seriously bummed! Smiley Very Happy  Got rid of the last baddie and my EQ FICO score zoomed up to 778!  Wow.  I didn't think I'd get more than 50 points.

Congrats! That is really nice!

Gives me something to look forward to when my lates fall off. By then I should be very close to 800 as well.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat, I just paid off three collections and I have two more to go...I really don't understand whether it helps to pay these accounts or not. They are from 2004 and 2006. I would like to purchase a car in the next 2 months. Will anything change with my score once I pay these blasted old hospital bills? I an a newbie here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 17 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am in the same boat, I just paid off three collections and I have two more to go...I really don't understand whether it helps to pay these accounts or not. They are from 2004 and 2006. I would like to purchase a car in the next 2 months. Will anything change with my score once I pay these blasted old hospital bills? I an a newbie here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!

Why don't you open a new thread and post your details there. You will get lots of help.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.