Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell Credit

tag
jbee
Regular Contributor

Shell Credit

My Shell credit card reported a 25% balance increase prior to last month, which dropped my score 15 points.  Apparenty, I paid the extra $$ the day my statement cut.  I received a notification that my balance decreased but my score didn't rebound back.  Does anyone know why?

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shell Credit

@jbee wrote:

My Shell credit card reported a 25% balance increase prior to last month, which dropped my score 15 points.  Apparenty, I paid the extra $$ the day my statement cut.  I received a notification that my balance decreased but my score didn't rebound back.  Does anyone know why?

Has there been anything else that's happened in the last month that could be responsible? UTIL has no memory, so if you pay back a balance you should get back the points.

Message 2 of 4
jbee
Regular Contributor

That's what I was thinking also.  This happened in a 24 hr period.  Got a score alert one day with the drop and the very next day I received an alert about the balance decrease (from my payment).  I haven't received an alert since.  I'm trying not to purchase a score and hoping for a score alert.

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score won't bounce back until the next statement cuts and reports

Scores aren't calculated from live data, it's from monthly reported statements.  That's why alot of people watch for the day the statement cuts and make sure they pay it before then.

So you're basically stuck with the old statement balance for a month before it cuts again (for FICO purposes).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.