Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Account History on EQ?

tag
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Short Account History on EQ?

Just curious...I was looking at my EQ report on Score Watch and there are two items listed as negatively affecting my score. Is this information actually part of the EQ report, or is it just an interpretation that is meant to help me?

I have a question about the two negative items:

1) The first one was 'Short Account History'. My oldest account is almost 14 years old and my AAoA is 8 years. Just curious as to what AAoA is enough to NOT get this note. Elsewhere on the ScoreWatch report, I got a 'very good' for account age.

2) The second was 'seeking new credit' or something like that. I have ONE inquiry on my CR in the past two years! Sort of surprised by that one, too!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Short Account History on EQ?

@Rikku wrote:
Just curious...I was looking at my EQ report on Score Watch and there are two items listed as negatively affecting my score. Is this information actually part of the EQ report, or is it just an interpretation that is meant to help me?

I have a question about the two negative items:

1) The first one was 'Short Account History'. My oldest account is almost 14 years old and my AAoA is 8 years. Just curious as to what AAoA is enough to NOT get this note. Elsewhere on the ScoreWatch report, I got a 'very good' for account age.

2) The second was 'seeking new credit' or something like that. I have ONE inquiry on my CR in the past two years! Sort of surprised by that one, too!

Interpretations and advice; they may even be from Equifax, but they're not on the report and they're not gospel.

For those with pretty credit reports, they're somewhat absurd: they'll be placed there but when they're grasping at straws to begin with.... well they mostly wind up being entertainment value.  There's more value for mixed files and rebuilders, though who couldn't use "longer account history," that's one of the catchall reasons I suspect.

        
Message 2 of 4
Rikku
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the answer! It seemed pretty random to me, as I thought I was doing pretty well with my AAoA, as I'm only 30. Glad to know that it's not part of the real report. Though of course I'll benefit as my accounts age!
Message 3 of 4
GFer
Valued Contributor

It's true. The cleaner your report gets, the more random the messages!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.