Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short sale falling off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short sale falling off

I have a short sale falling off my credit in December. How much should I expect my credit score to increase ...according to credit karma trans 556 exp 551......
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Short sale falling off

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a short sale falling off my credit in December. How much should I expect my credit score to increase ...according to credit karma trans 556 exp 551......

Depends what else is in your file; unfortunately Credit Karma's scores aren't worth that much in the grand scheme of things.

That said a short sale is a non-trivial derogatory; if you have other derogatories in your file you may not see much of a boost, but if you are a clean sheet afterwards, I would expect a non-trivial jump.  

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have much else....on deragatories...would 20 pointz be out of the realm...also is there any where I can check a more reliable score for free?
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I do not have much else....on deragatories...would 20 pointz be out of the realm...also is there any where I can check a more reliable score for free?

If you have others negatives, maybe; hard to say given we don't get much in the way of short sale data from a scoring perspective and it also depends what they are... namely, if you have a tax lien or BK on there, I wouldn't expect more than a handful of points.

Several credit cards now offer a free FICO score which is about as good as it gets for free, you may have one already if you have any cards (and if you don't, get some for scoring purposes); Credit Karma is quite good for access to the report data, the scores can be misleading though unfortunately though they don't completely suck in my opinion unlike some.

        
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no Bk no liens ...just some medical....and my ex wife's car that was in my name had a lot of missed payments until I just paid it off in 2013....a fee missed payments in 2013 on student loan current on it since April 2013 but that's it....unfortunately until April of this year her car and the house was all I had ever financed......in april I got a car loan and I have since gotten 2 credit cards....1 secured 200 limit 1 unsecured 300 limit....that's all that is on there....
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to buy a home again....I found a small one for 110k.....I can put 50k down but between being on a 1099 for only 8 months now and 550 approximate credit score no one will touch me....
Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to buy a home again....I found a small one for 110k.....I can put 50k down but between being on a 1099 for only 8 months now and 550 approximate credit score no one will touch me....

Maybe; what are your reported balances on your credit cards?  Let a couple bucks report on one and $0 on the other, might get some points that way.  

Post your collections over in the Rebuilding forum, and google "whychat hipaa" regarding the medical collections specifically.  You have enough cash that you might be able to get financed on a income / assets loan... it's a higher interest rate (probably around 1% higher) but you might be able to skip the credit requirements altogether since you don't have an outstanding lien or judgement.

The 8 months 1099 is a deal breaker for everyone other than going to a portfolio lender or cash one as described above; can post in the Mortgage forum looking for a lender specific to that, know my old employer had an option for it so it can't be that uncommon.

        
Message 7 of 9
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Generally short sales are wicked bad for scores.

If you really have no other negatives (???) then a 50 to 80 point jump when the SS drops off your report would not be unexpected. As noted, Credit Karma scores are derived from the VantageScore 3.0 model. Nonetheless, both Fico and VS scoring models deduct big points for short sales on file.

Please report back in score impact when the SS goes away.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is really good about deleting items a couple months early if you call and ask for "early exclusion". I had 5 accounts set to delete around December/Jan and they took them off this week. I told them I was applying for a job and the employer may run a credit check (which is true).  TU is pretty good depending which rep you get. Equifax won't budge. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.