Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I add account to credit report?

tag
simyengi
New Contributor

Should I add account to credit report?

Greetings,

My goal is to apply for a mortgage before the end of the year, but my FICO scores (middle and bottom) sit at 632. While my mortgage guy wants me to get to a 680 before applying for a loan, I'm not sure if I can get there at this current pace.

Here is my dilemma:

- EQ is not reporting a BoA account that I am an authorised user on. It has 10 years of history with no late payments. What should I do?

- TU is not reporting a GE/Home Design account that is currently being managed by a credit counselor.  According to EX I have no late payments. EQ has me down for four late payments in mid-2011. I have a letter from the creditor stating that ALL derogatory information would be deleted, but this has yet to happen with EQ. I can't afford to have them investigate at this point. Should I have this account added to TU? I'm not sure how it will impact my score.

- I'm still waiting for TU to update my BoA balance, which dropped from $521 to $3 (credit limit is $1337). That should give me a few points as well. My other credit cards, which have an $18 balance ($250 limit) and $3 balance ($300 limit), have already updated for the month.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I add account to credit report?

Adding another TL this close to applying for a mtg is usually not a good idea. Have 1cc report a bal (and have a total util of less than 10%) . The BoA acct that does report in EQ us that the same acct with a $1337 CL?
Message 2 of 5
simyengi
New Contributor

The BoA account does have a $1337 credit limit. It is not reporting to EQ, however. I guess I'll have to ride this out. I may be able to get to 650 by mid November.

Message 3 of 5
simyengi
New Contributor

My scores are EX 701, EQ 632 and TU 632.

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When did you get the letter of deletion? Did the cc send it to EQ too?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.