New Contributor
simyengi

Should I add account to credit report?

Greetings,

My goal is to apply for a mortgage before the end of the year, but my FICO scores (middle and bottom) sit at 632. While my mortgage guy wants me to get to a 680 before applying for a loan, I'm not sure if I can get there at this current pace.

Here is my dilemma:

- EQ is not reporting a BoA account that I am an authorised user on. It has 10 years of history with no late payments. What should I do?

- TU is not reporting a GE/Home Design account that is currently being managed by a credit counselor.  According to EX I have no late payments. EQ has me down for four late payments in mid-2011. I have a letter from the creditor stating that ALL derogatory information would be deleted, but this has yet to happen with EQ. I can't afford to have them investigate at this point. Should I have this account added to TU? I'm not sure how it will impact my score.

- I'm still waiting for TU to update my BoA balance, which dropped from $521 to $3 (credit limit is $1337). That should give me a few points as well. My other credit cards, which have an $18 balance ($250 limit) and $3 balance ($300 limit), have already updated for the month.

09Lexie

Re: Should I add account to credit report?

Adding another TL this close to applying for a mtg is usually not a good idea. Have 1cc report a bal (and have a total util of less than 10%) . The BoA acct that does report in EQ us that the same acct with a $1337 CL?
New Contributor
simyengi

The BoA account does have a $1337 credit limit. It is not reporting to EQ, however. I guess I'll have to ride this out. I may be able to get to 650 by mid November.

New Contributor
simyengi

My scores are EX 701, EQ 632 and TU 632.

09Lexie

When did you get the letter of deletion? Did the cc send it to EQ too?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}