Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I care if FAKO score went down, but FiCO score went up

tag
kisbel65
New Contributor

Should I care if FAKO score went down, but FiCO score went up

Both my FiCO scores with TU and EQ have been steadly going up. My TU is 642 and EQ 601. My EXP (FAKO) went down from 655 to 598. Accounts appear on EXP do not appear on TU and EQ. Mostly collections below 50 dollars. These accounts were for insurance co pays I thought my insurance provider had paid and are about two years old. I was not monitoring my credit back then. Again, they don't  appear on TU and EQ. Should I bother to clear up my EXP report (since it's a FAKO).
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I care if FAKO score went down, but FiCO score went up

@kisbel65 wrote:
Both my FiCO scores with TU and EQ have been steadly going up. My TU is 642 and EQ 601. My EXP (FAKO) went down from 655 to 598. Accounts appear on EXP do not appear on TU and EQ. Mostly collections below 50 dollars. These accounts were for insurance co pays I thought my insurance provider had paid and are about two years old. I was not monitoring my credit back then. Again, they don't  appear on TU and EQ. Should I bother to clear up my EXP report (since it's a FAKO).

Hi...your Experian credit report is NOT a FAKO. The scores they may give you are not real FICOs, but the actual report is real.

You may want to do some reading on the "Rebuilding Your Credit" forum. There are things you can do such as pay these collections if they agree to remove them from your report. There are right and wrong ways to go about this, though...so do your homework first.

Also, because they are medical bills, there is a HIPPA process you may be able to follow to get them paid and off your report.

Message 2 of 5
kisbel65
New Contributor

You are absolutely right! I've been paying attention to the score and not the report. Any advice on how I can clean up the medical collections is appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

To answer your original question, no you shouldn't care if your FAKO's go up, down, or off-planet.

But do pay attention to the underlying reports. If you do see something odd on a third-party (i.e., credit monitoring) report, you might need to go pull the real thing to compare. Sometimes data doesn't transmit smoothly from the full report to the third-party, or things display oddly.

The good news is that your FICO scores (including the invisible-to-consumers Experian FICO score) are generated off the full reports maintained by the bureaus, so any discrepancies on your reseller reports don't affect your scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@kisbel65 wrote:

You are absolutely right! I've been paying attention to the score and not the report. Any advice on how I can clean up the medical collections is appreciated.

Run a google search on whychat hipaa. That will get ya to what you need.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.