Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do it?

tag
evsports7
Contributor

Should I do it?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if I should close my OpenSky secured VISA of $200.00, it has yet to report and will report at the end of the month. I am thinking of applying for the Discover IT secured card. If I apply and get approved would you recommend closing opensky? Is this even a smart move? Just questioning opensky because the card cannot grow.

Thank you

MOVED THIS TO Rebuilding credit. Sorry MODS.

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I do it?

@evsports7 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if I should close my OpenSky secured VISA of $200.00, it has yet to report and will report at the end of the month. I am thinking of applying for the Discover IT secured card. If I apply and get approved would you recommend closing opensky? Is this even a smart move? Just questioning opensky because the card cannot grow.

Thank you

MOVED THIS TO Rebuilding credit. Sorry MODS.

I'd keep it until the AF is due.  

Limits don't matter, at all, when it comes to building credit history.  Wouldn't worry about it: limits are useful if you aren't in a position to just write a check for your CC debt, otherwise it just allows people to be lazy when it comes to managing their balances when it comes down to it for many forum members here.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.