Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get an installment loan?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I get an installment loan?

I don't know what is up with Alliant as far as the lenght of loan term that they will give you. Some people are able to get 5 years with them but other people can only get 4 years. I don't know why that it is that way but that is how they do it.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 51 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was finally able to apply for the loan this evening. I was able to request 60 months for the term. Of course, we'll see what happens when all is said and done!
Message 52 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied back in October, after estblishing the savings account and funding it.

Had no issue requesting a shared sercured loan of $500 for 60 months. Using the phrase "shared serured loan".

They then email documents to sign on line.

Week to week and half later, received check for $500 in the mail.

The challenge for me at least, was figuring out how to pay ahead via the website interface. Making 49 or 50 individual payments and a few cups of coffee on Satuday morning :-). But the interface does do the calculating for you, so its easy once you figure it out.

Enjoy...

Message 53 of 192
Stevielynx
Valued Member

Funds deposited today and I applied for the secured share loan. I probably should have waited for a day or two, but I'm inpatient.

I got a response asking how would I prefer to contact me, via phone or email.

Is that normal? How long is the average approval from application to funds release?
Message 54 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

No reply yet. I said email was the preferred communication method and haven't heard a peep. Moving slower than I thought it would...
Message 55 of 192
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No reply yet. I said email was the preferred communication method and haven't heard a peep. Moving slower than I thought it would...

Good Luck on getting the good results and everything completed so this is finally behind you on it.

I applied late one night this week and after inputting all the info it spit back at the very end that their online system was off-air or something so gonna do a re-do either tomorrow or Friday myself. It was about 2 AM Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck on getting the good results and everything completed so this is finally behind you on it.

I applied late one night this week and after inputting all the info it spit back at the very end that their online system was off-air or something so gonna do a re-do either tomorrow or Friday myself. It was about 2 AM Smiley Happy

Thanks!  Good luck to you too!  I still haven't heard back so I'm going to call CS to see what the hold-up is.

Message 57 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Westriver,,, relax. Give it a week. An associate will contact you via your prferred method. Your in the machine now ;-) time has a different meaning there lol

Message 58 of 192
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Westriver,,, relax. Give it a week. An associate will contact you via your prferred method. Your in the machine now ;-) time has a different meaning there lol

+1

Message 59 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL okay Slimshady!  I am taking your advice and not calling.  I guess I'm too used to semi-instantaneous responses.

I'll chill in the Alliant time-free machine until I hear something. 

Message 60 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.