Did you mean: 

Should I get an installment loan?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I get an installment loan?

@manyquestions wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Once the auto payment is in place there's no way to avoid it other than to telephone customer service and cancel it.

It wouldn't let you go to scheduled payments and delete the scheduled payment online? 

I don't think so, I couldn't find anything like that.

Correction: I see from other posts that one can delete a scheduled transfer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 131 of 192
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Once the auto payment is in place there's no way to avoid it other than to telephone customer service and cancel it.

It wouldn't let you go to scheduled payments and delete the scheduled payment online? 

Until this is nailed down to complete satisfaction i would do the delete auto but also call in to verify. Just as a precaution since it's a computer generated activity.

Message 132 of 192
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Until this is nailed down to complete satisfaction i would do the delete auto but also call in to verify. Just as a precaution since it's a computer generated activity.

I realize it is not obvious if you are not familiar with how Alliant handles payments, but going back to Relevate's original postings in one of the other installment loan threads posters have successfully deleted the scheduled transfer online. I don't remember anyone ever reporting that canceling online did not give the desired result. You only have to go to scheduled transfers and delete the scheduled transfer once. It's then gone for good. 

Message 133 of 192
JBjunior
New Contributor

Alliant online will not allow me to edit or delete the payment.  Everytime I try it tells me to try again and if it doesn't work to give them a call.  I did pay it down to the point where it states that the next transfer will be August of 2019.

Message 134 of 192
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@JBjunior wrote:

Alliant online will not allow me to edit or delete the payment.  Everytime I try it tells me to try again and if it doesn't work to give them a call.  I did pay it down to the point where it states that the next transfer will be August of 2019.

That is very strange.  I'm sorry that you aren't able to edit it. Are you pulling it up under the "Scheduled Transfers" section?  Next to my future transfers there is an Edit/Delete link. Do you see that?

Message 135 of 192
JBjunior
New Contributor

That is the one.  Edit or delete, same results.

Message 136 of 192
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Perhaps try to schedule a future payment first?  maybe it doesn't like canceling without an alternate already setup.

Message 137 of 192
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@olehammer wrote:

Perhaps try to schedule a future payment first?  maybe it doesn't like canceling without an alternate already setup.

I got a message that Transfers scheduled to Loan accounts cannot be changed

Message 138 of 192
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@olehammer wrote:

I got a message that Transfers scheduled to Loan accounts cannot be changed

What's the source of your autopay?  Mine was setup to draw funds from my shared savings account.  Did you setup to come from an external account? or checking?

Message 139 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could it be that Alliant has changed the rules on this after seeing too many unprofitable loans being written of late? 

Message 140 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.