cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get rid of this AU card and if so how do I dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I get rid of this AU card and if so how do I dispute?

My average age is about 9 years.  I have a Citi AU that is about 14 years but wouldn't affect the avergage age by more then a year or so.  It is a good account because of age and payment history but it has two negatives;

it has a $8k balance that accounts for a good 40% of my carried balance.

It has a high CL ($60k) so it doesn't contribute to my available credit.

I know each CRA counts revolving balance differently, but in any event when creditors look at the report my outstanding balance (debt to income ratio etc) is high.

Would removing an aged good card outweigh the benefit of getting rid of that carried balance?

Finally, if I dispute how do I do so? Will 'Not Mine' suffice if it is AU?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I get rid of this AU card and if so how do I dispute?

My first concern /question would be, what will this do to your overall util%? If you are 1-9 %, it would slightly help to dump. But 8000/60000, is not that high of a util%(13%). If your util % outside of this card is above that 13 number, would NOT dump tha AU. Furthermore, why are you concerened about debt/income, unless buyiong a home? If not doing that, dont even think of dumping such a positive tradeline with a high CL, especially with all the CL cuts that are going on.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

THe problem is high CL cards don't report limits and/or don't get treated as revolving accounts.  Some CRAs show the balance in utilized credit but of course not avail, others don't but do include it in outstanding debt.

In any event I don't use the card and the high-balance is not reported so that does me no good.

Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

The good news is that it is not affecting you util in any manner, good or bad, due to what you stated about the high CL. It really doesn't seem to be doing you that much good, other than help AAoA a little. If it were me, I would probably dump it.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.