keelhulled

Should I have my Cap 1 added?

Hello All,

Just a quick question. My credit score is in the 700-720's (which is nothing to shake a stick at) :smileyhappy:. I have a Cap 1 card I got many, many years ago. This account activity has never been reported to any of the CB's. Do you think it would help or hurt my score if I contacted Cap 1 and had the account info added to my credit reports? 

Two points to keep in mind before you answer:
I carry a good sized balance on that card since it isn't reported, (not to mention the interest rate is only 6%).
If I had this card added it would be the longest held account on my report (over 10 years).

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Contributor
Lori344

Re: Should I have my Cap 1 added?

The down side to having the cap 1 added is they do no report cl's, thus hurting your utl. Couple that with the high balance you are carrying on the card. I would lean to the no.

I have read a few posts, that mention cap 1 is "planning" to report cl, in that case, you would benifit by the utl and history, if you keep your overall balances at the magic number of 1-9%.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+