New Contributor
2007credit

Should I pay for delete?

Hello
I have a incorrect collection on my three reports..for $803...its over 6 years old...i've disputed it, but its still on there with a consumer statement saying i dont agree...should i offer to pay this for the deletion..its the only negative thing i have on my revolving or installinment credit history ever.

Thanks for reading and your help
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: Should I pay for delete?

Why do you think it is incorrect? Are you positive?

Since you've already disputed it, I'm honestly not sure what your best course of action should be. Sorry. I've limited experience in that field.

I'm sure others will chime in shortly with their opinion/advice. Hang tight. :smileyhappy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: Should I pay for delete?

2007credit wrote:
Hello
I have a incorrect collection on my three reports..for $803...its over 6 years old...i've disputed it, but its still on there with a consumer statement saying i dont agree...should i offer to pay this for the deletion..its the only negative thing i have on my revolving or installinment credit history ever.

Thanks for reading and your help

Score wise... Over 6 years, it's about to disappear after 7 years and 1 month. Do nothing and it goes away soon. But if you feel you should pay it for other reasons, you can do that. I personally would be afraid to touch it after 6 years worried they would somehow make it stay or update on it. I might let it fall off then pay it if I felt I owed the money. But I'd just leave it until it falls off.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}