New Contributor
mosieon

Should I pay off cc slowly or at once

I currently have approx. 8,000 worth of cc debt - FICO score is very low (596-619) due to past late payments.  For the past 8 months I have paids all on time and the score has risen.  Question - Shoulds I pay the cards off in full now or should I pay each month for 12-24 more months to establish an on-time payment history?  Which would be more beneficial to my score?
Established Contributor
ObsessedwithmyFico

Re: Should I pay off cc slowly or at once

I would pay down to approximately 30% if you can. Goal being to get a balance between 1-9% to get the greatest score boost. 
Regular Contributor
javi84

Re: Should I pay off cc slowly or at once

I would pay it all at once if I had the money, why give the CC companies more $ in interest? Plus your utilization would go down and your score up.
For age and want, save while you may; no morning sun lasts a whole day.
--Benjamin Franklin

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}