Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Silly' semantics question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Silly' semantics question

"Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2008."

Does this mean it falls off at the end of June or the end of July. To my mind the latter would require 'through' rather than 'until'. Any experience here?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 'Silly' semantics question

@Anonymous wrote:
"Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2008."

Does this mean it falls off at the end of June or the end of July. To my mind the latter would require 'through' rather than 'until'. Any experience here?

Had bogus CA on my report that was due to continue on record until October 2007. Sometime during the month of October, it fell off.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

nyccc2 wrote:

Don't even breathe on that! Let it fall off. Every cra has a date that they delete, give em till aug 1.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scramblingin2007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't even breathe on that! Let it fall off. Every cra has a date that they delete, give em till aug 1.

Do you mean don't try to get it off sooner, e.g. a DV letter or some such? My credit repair attorney friend said NOT to send the DV letter, that it was not timely and filled with erroneous information and would be discounted as such. He said:

"Your efforts would be better spent suing them for reporting this account as open and past due. Now that is a violation of the FDCPA and the FCRA."
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.