New Contributor
knightlynews

Slight FICO increase!!!

I received an email alert from my fico score watch today teling me there was a change to my credit report. I was happy to see that it was good news, a recent collection debt that I had settled and paid, its staus was updated. The status change resulted in a 4 point increase taking my EQ score to 563. Although this is a small positve step, I thought the increase would have been a little higher. Does the fact that I paid a settled amount instead of Paid in full make much of a difference? Also, if I write a GW letter to the CA for removal, will there be an additional increase? Thanks for any and all reponses!!!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

Re: Slight FICO increase!!!

[ Edited ]

knightlynews wrote:

I received an email alert from my fico score watch today teling me there was a change to my credit report. I was happy to see that it was good news, a recent collection debt that I had settled and paid, its staus was updated. The status change resulted in a 4 point increase taking my EQ score to 563. Although this is a small positve step, I thought the increase would have been a little higher. Does the fact that I paid a settled amount instead of Paid in full make much of a difference? Also, if I write a GW letter to the CA for removal, will there be an additional increase? Thanks for any and all reponses!!!

There was just a slight increase in score because the collection was paid so it factors in your debt utilization but it is still rated as a collection unfortunately. Now like you said if you send a GW letter and get it removed the deragotory mark is removed and you will most likely see a pretty nice jump in score. But remember even if you dont get it removed, under a manual review a paid collection is much better than an unpaid one.

Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 49.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

New Contributor
knightlynews

[ Edited ]

You said, a slight increase due to my credit utilization? Please explain. If you mean my debt to income ratio, I make 75K, my total debt is $4,500, I just don't have much new credit ( Cap1 secured-$200) hence the low fico score (563).

New Contributor
knightlynews

[ Edited ]

Still kinda new to understanding utilization!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}