Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with this...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So frustrated with this...

I have been working hard to rebuild my credit score for the past several years. I just got it up to 701 in May. Today, I got an alert, my score dropped 7 points because a gas card that has a zero balance on a $700 line was charged a $39.00 membership fee!! I make sure that my cards have a zero balance and work hard to make sure ones I do use are paid before the statement closing date. I feel like getting a great score is a losing battle!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mrlimo
Regular Contributor

Re: So frustrated with this...

jpev23 wrote:
I have been working hard to rebuild my credit score for the past several years. I just got it up to 701 in May. Today, I got an alert, my score dropped 7 points because a gas card that has a zero balance on a $700 line was charged a $39.00 membership fee!! I make sure that my cards have a zero balance and work hard to make sure ones I do use are paid before the statement closing date. I feel like getting a great score is a losing battle!!

JPEV sit back take a deap breath and pay the $39.00 fee. Next month all is well again since your fico score has no memory of that 7 point drop. Just a small fluctuation is all. If your going for a mortgage and that 7 points droped you to the next bracket in interest rate. Then I understand but if not it will rebound and all will be well again soon.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.