Regular Contributor
Drew

Sold CO Account Showing Balance

[ Edited ]
A 1.5 year old CO account was sold to AFS about 5 months ago.  I have DV'ed AFS and disputed the TL on my credit reports numerous times since the beginning of last month.

In reviewing my credit reports yesterday, I noticed that the original TL is showing some unknown balance on TU.  I don't even know how that balance even came to be.  Now, I have the same account showing balances on two different TL's.  Also, the account completely disappeared off my EQ and EX reports.

Given the fact that I've already disputed the OC's TL, what should I do?  Isn't there a violation according to the FDCPA?

Message Edited by Drew on 05-07-2007 07:07 PM

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $25000
Barclays Sallie Mae World MasterCard $25000
Capital One Venture World MasterCard $12500
Chase Freedom Visa Signature $25000
Discover IT $8000
US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $25000
Synchrony Bank Old Navy Visa $25000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}