cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Advice Please?

tag
pkbowen

Some Advice Please?

I recently pd. off 4 "baddies" and still have 4 more to pay off, thats it, which will be done by Nov. 1st. I also have 2 GMAC accts ( I am a cobuyer on both, which I think is screwing me), student loan, and child support. All Current, never late.  I have never had a "real" credit card ( had a secured that ended badly two yrs. ago, but pd.)  Since I have pd. the 4 baddies, score went down 60 pts. but then has gone up 40 in the last few wks. I would like to keep raising my score. With the 4 remaining baddies, should I make pmts? Also, I have had the hardest time with NCO fin/99. I have asked 4 times for a statement since Aug 25. They claim they mailed me one on 9/24. I have yet to receive it. What should I do. I want to pay, but want a statement?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some Advice Please?

It doesn't help you just to pay the baddies. You have to negotiate a PFD (pay for delete) with the creditors. The reason that your score went down 60 points initially, is because the pain was brought forward when you paid the baddies. They updated with the CRAs and it looked and felt as if the baddy just occurred. The only way that your score will be assisted will be when the baddies are gone from the reports. Search for PFD Letter on this forum.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for your NCO problem - try emailing lisa.signore@nco.com. She's been very helpful to a lot of us here on the boards.

Message 3 of 4
pkbowen

Thanks! I had a feeling it went down because I opened old wounds by paying. I will research for an example for PFD. I broke down and called NCO again. Asked to tt someone other than the person I spoke with. Very helpful, faxed me a copy of the statement right over.

Next question. For a PFD, do I send that in first and wait for a reply, or do I send with payment? Are companies good about replying to those types of letters?  Thanks for the help!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.