Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some advice please....

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Some advice please....

Best option out there. My girlfriend got a Cap One with 15 medical collections and NO credit history last year. 300 dollar starter card credit stepped up to 500. AU influenced FICO scores at the time were 670EX 652TU 638EQ. 
Message 11 of 12
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Some advice please....

Smallfry, Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the help.

I think I will lay off rather than apply for capital one. I was trying to exploit my decent TU file and as I mentioned in my earlier post,

"I was only wondering if I could snatch up one more good card before I go on a hiatus...

I could rotate Juniper and the NewCC and sock Orchard and FP(Not Cap1)."

If I can't get a 'good/prime' card, I will simply wait it out. My AAoA is too young at 1 yr and 7 months and also all 4 of my cards have been opened this year which means 'too many recent accounts' and 'too short history'...

I also read somewhere that Juniper might close a newly issued card if another new card shows up within a month. Not sure if thats true but makes some sense in the current credit atmosphere.

However, I still havent ruled out one option which is to approach my small local bank. The Mgr told me that he would need 640 TU for an Auto or CC approval. I might try one there but am not sure about their CLs and how they would grow if that. Its a First National Bank with just 2 branches.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.