Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort OF Stuck In The Game

tag
Gardenhand
Regular Contributor

Sort OF Stuck In The Game

Hello everyone, Im looking for some insight and for some guidance moving foward in my credit journey. My scores seem to be stuck. I will try and provide as much detail as possible below...

Fico 8 Scores

EQ- 732 as of 8/14

TU- 737 as of 8/16

EX- 673 as of 6/2

EQ and TU have no baddies, collections, lates, etc... They are completely clean with identical tradelines and hard pulls in the past one year.

EX has one medical collection for 219 dollars. Ive disputed this a couple times and tried everything to get this removed. As it's a couple years old now it has still been "updated" more recently. 

Cards:

TD Bank Card- 2500, current reported balance is 2 dollars. opened March 2014 recently graduated to unsecured

SDFCU Secured Credit Card 500, current reported balance is 0 dollars- opened in March 2014 no annual fee so im in no hurry to close this account

Open Sky Secured Credit Card 300 current reported balance is 0 dollars- opend in September 2014, 29 dollar annual fee

Installments

SDFCU Secured Loan 1000 dollars original balance- opened on June 2014, 621 dollars ballance remaining and no early payment penalty, 3 year loan.

Alliant Secured Loan 500 dollars original balance- opened on 9/2014, 379 dollar balance and no early payment penalty, 5 year loan.

HardPull Inquiries-

Each buera has the same 4 inquiries in the past twelve months. All of them are from mortgage pulls. I have more inqueries that are over twelve months but I am under the impression that these will not effect my Fico scores.

1- 12/15/14 

1- 1/16/15

1- 1/30/15

1- 6/2/15

I know my history is short as my first account was opened in March of 2014. I believe I have enough tradelines (3 revolving and 2 installments) to move foward as fastly as possible. I would like to replace my two secured credit cards with unsecured credit cards at some point. I am in the process of getting a mortgage. This is the never ending mortgage process. Its been going on all of this year. Im hoping to close at the end of this month.

My scores took a decent size dip about one month after my last hard pull in the beggining of June. I lost about nine points. Since then my scores have been stuck. I have had several alerts for balance changes here on Myfico's 3B tracking service but there have been no score changes. So Im going on 3 months without a score change after taking a nine point loss.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts about my profile? I realize there is not a whole lot I can do until my mortgage closes. Im looking for a long term plan so I wasnt planning on paying my secured installment loans down. I am happy with where my scores are now but they seem to be stuck. Also my scores werent that much lower when I first got a credit score. I have not seen a whole lot of progress with my scores although I realize I am building a history. 

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Sort OF Stuck In The Game

Time, years.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.