cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spouses...both on practically all the accounts...same FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spouses...both on practically all the accounts...same FICO score?

My husband and I share everything.  We are joint account holders for pretty much everything.  Do I need to check his score along with mine?

We're not in the market for any big purchases, I'm just checking up on our credit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Spouses...both on practically all the accounts...same FICO score?

Welcome to the forums!

Your scores could be wildly different, depending on the ages at which each of you got credit.

If you're not in the market to buy anything, you don't both need to know your FICO scores, but you should both be vary familiar with what's on each of your three reports. You can pull each of them free once a year at annualcreditreport.com --do NOT pay for any scores, unless you want to get your EQ FICO score. The other two will sell you FAKO's.

But there are errors and sometimes identity theft on reports, so both of you should at least pull your full reports to see what's on there. And if you do wind up in the market for some sort of credit, you'll be horrified to see how long it can take to clean mistakes off your reports. We're talking months.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spouses...both on practically all the accounts...same FICO score?

practically is not the same as identical. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.