Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to question Myfico

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Starting to question Myfico

OP, for clarity, you received a SW alert on EQ for a drop in score. If you haven't pulled EQ since the alert, how do you know the drop in score included a dropped baddie? Could the collection still be reporting? In other words, did the 648 exclude the collection already?

T-mobile never reported, right? If it was the CA that dropped then AAoA never changed since it isn't factored in.

Going from the before and after util probably wouldn't result in too much of a FICO change since util is still high plus you are carrying balances on all of your accounts. Get 2 to report $0 and you'll see a nice boost.

Message 11 of 20
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Re: Starting to question Myfico

Thanks Pilot...I just got a little hot there when I got the SW report. I guess the moral of the story is Your dammed if you do and Your dammed if you don't lol...Get rid of the baddie and loose AAoA or keep it and have it show on your report. My balance on my Macys store card will be $0 on next months report and on the 2 credit cards one will be $0 and the other will be 9%, that is my goal and then leave them alone till June, by then I want to app for a real cc (not secured) (unless you guys think I shouldn't) I will then have 8 months of never missed or late payments, 9%Util, 2 IQ and a installment loan that will be 18 months with no lates or missed payments. Again, do you guys think I'll be ready and if so who should I app with? I know this is getting a little off subject for this forum (sorry) my Macy's is $300 limit, $250 on my Cap1 and $300 on my Matrix cc...I just want you guys to understand  the full picture of my report. My EX shows all the same except a 6year acct with no missed or late payments but only reports to EX. Would being added to one of my friends cc as a AU help me? He has a few with average AAoA of 5-7 years with excelent history and low utility.

Thanks guys

And as pulling my hair out of my head, he'll I ain't got much left to pull lol

Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 12 of 20
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Re: Starting to question MyficoM

Mod....yes the 648 was while the baddie (derogatory) was on my report ( I actually got a score bump 2-3 weeks ago to 651 cause my balanced increased by $6 on my Cap1..still can't figure that out) I did go ahead and pull my EQ last night for the $13 and yes the baddie is gone. I disputed throught the CB online and waited for the 30 day results and last week got the good news that it was taken off. I thought for sure after that and paying down the cards I would of at least seen a 10-20 point increas. I will prob get another alert here in the next week showing a increase in score I'm sure since my Cap1 and Macy's still haven't updated the new balance yet but at the most it will put me back to where I was....no gain Smiley Sad  Heck my (different scoring/Faco) Credit Karma even went up from the baddie and the difference between last months Utility and what's showing this month so far..lol

They say Myfico is God so I guess I just have to leave it in their hands and see how it all pans out. I just got a little ticked cause I'm going down the right track, kicking ass and taking names and my score went the other way. Deleat the baddies, get a mix of credit and pay down utility....

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 13 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you'll get a better idea if you compare your previous reports together. Look at the +/- factors. Look at the Credit At-A-Glance page. And look for any baddies within Accounts, Collections, and Public Records to see if there are any changes, differences, etc. I personally would bet against a score increase on utilization alone since it was still high as of your previous report pull (aside from this weekend). You'll start seeing movement as balances hit $0.

On the collection, if would not have negatively impacted AAoA if it was a CA (e.g. AFNI, Midland, etc.) because CAs aren't factored into AAoA. If it was T-Mobile that reported, then you could see a significant score drop if removed since that's an OC.

Finally, SW (or any service) doesn't alert for dropped baddies. It did it's job with the score alert which prompted this thread. Be sure to reset your target score to that new score from your last report pull. The mystery remains on the score drop but you'll have to do some digging and look for changes. Even something small like an added acct with a balance or status change can drop your score like it did.

Message 14 of 20
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

You said Cap One card went up by 6$.

After everything has reported for the month.  Maybe try the Capital One Executive office route.

Just google the CEO's email at capital one.  Shoot an email to them telling them how long you have had the account and that you really like Capital one but need a higher limit that allows more options for you.  Give them a phone number to call you at and they will, quickly. (usually a day or three)

Right now folks are having a LOT of success with Cap One exec office CLI's.  Be reasonable with them and be sure to tell them when they call that you are open to a counter offer so they know you are being reasonable.

If you get the CLI, just garden what you have til it hits a year and one day.  Then perhaps look to Discover IT for your first card.  If you get it, Garden again for another 6 months.

Things will shape up quickly now that you have no baddies.  Believe it. 

Like I said a mid range 600 with NO baddies easily trumps a low range 700 with baddies.  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 15 of 20
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Received a SW alert on Feb 11th..i always thought if your utility goes "up" that your score would go "down" but instead i got a 3 point increase for it going up $6 lol  and its a secured card Pilot so a CLI is prob not in my cards there. Below is the alert i got.......it was 648 when i got the alert...i think i used it to buy a pack of smokes.

February 11, 2013

Alert:The balance on one of your accounts has increased by $6

Score Watch alert/Changes to your FICO® Score

Your FICO® score has gone up to 651 on February 11, 2013

Message 16 of 20
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Heck, i should just go buy a carton, think of that increase lol

Message 17 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Sneekn4u wrote:

Received a SW alert on Feb 11th..i always thought if your utility goes "up" that your score would go "down" but instead i got a 3 point increase for it going up $6 lol  and its a secured card Pilot so a CLI is prob not in my cards there. Below is the alert i got.......it was 648 when i got the alert...i think i used it to buy a pack of smokes.

February 11, 2013

Alert:The balance on one of your accounts has increased by $6

Score Watch alert/Changes to your FICO® Score

Your FICO® score has gone up to 651 on February 11, 2013

Smiley Happy  SW alerts don't give the full picture. Remember, SW only grabs your latest score at the time of a credit alert (a balance increase in your example). It doesn't mean that a $6 increase in a CC balance increased your scores. It didn't. Something else would have happened like a balance decrease, TL aging, etc. For example, I once got a SW credit alert for a new inquiry with a gain of 20 points. The inquiry didn't increase my Eq FICO by 20, but it was a baddie dropping that resulted in the increase.

Message 18 of 20
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Ok I'm starting to understand SW....I guess since I got my setting at "alert me if I have a increase of $5 or more, that set off the alert but the increase could of been from lower utility or AAoA.

Thanks again Mod and Pilot for all the help and advice....

Message 19 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I would recommend focussing on paying down your cards and then not charging other stuff on most of them for a while. See if you can get in the habit of maintaining a lot lower utilisation. Think of the credit cards as tools for the future and put at least one in your sock drawer with a zero balance. That will simplify things for you along with improving your scores. You have a decent number of tradelines. You just need to chill while they age...

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.