New Visitor
Haluk

Status is being reported differently for a Settled Account

Hi,

I run my report through Score Watch and my Verizon account shows as 120+ days late in the Status section while when I run it on AnnualCreditReport (Experian) it shows Paid In Settlement. I am concerned that if it shows up as late, it could hurt my score than the settled status.

Why is the difference? Should I dispute with myfico?

Thanks,

Haluk

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Status is being reported differently for a Settled Account

This is normal. FICO (and lenders) will still score it as a charge-off. You also can't compare an EX pull with an EQ (or TU) pull from here; myFICO doesn't offer Experian reports.

Per FICO scoring a settled comment is just as damaging as a charge-off (or 120 days in this case). Send a GW asking for deletion.

New Visitor
Haluk

Re: Status is being reported differently for a Settled Account

Thank you. Do I send the Good Will letter asking for deletion to the Creditor or the Collection company.

Haluk

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}