Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Confused. Is it me or Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still Confused. Is it me or Equifax?

I used myFico, pulled all 3 CRAs. Got a 695 with EQ. My goal is to get to 700. I've read through many threads, for hours, and I'm either confused, or EQ gave me bad info. Any insights by someone here who knows more?

There is a big difference b/t the info I pulled from EQ annual free report on 5/21 and the EQ/MyFico on 6/21. I spoke with EQ, question the reliability of what I was told, and I'd like suggestions on what to do, if anything.

Details, Card 1- Chase (past SOL):
1- On 5/21, EQ reported "You have no Accounts Currently Past Due on file." On 6/21, EQ reports about $9K past due

2- On 5/21 EQ report Chase Card as Closed, with amount past due, Status OK. On 6/21 EQ reports same Chase account as Open, with roughly same past due amount as on 5/21.

I spoke with EQ, and they told me that the *Credit Card Co* had updated this. Not a CA. The date of scheduled deletion told to me on the phone appears *accurate*.

I also received, in the past 30 days, a letter from a CA, simply advising me that they're collecting info on me and may disclose it to others, that Chase is the client. No specifics, account #, etc.

What to do? I can verify the debt with CA. I can dispute with EQ. Or, I can do nothing, since a dispute may make things work.

Details- Card 2, NextCard (past SOL)
NextCard debt has also been thrown into the 'currently past due' figure. According to the EQ person, the last payment/activity is now reported as 2 years ago, not 4-5 years ago. This changed in the past month. EQ says it's *NextCard* reporting. I *know* that this was/is at a collector.

The date for removal given to me by EQ is off, based on last payment/first delinquincy. BUT, if the 2005 last activity that they're reporting were accurate, the projected removal date would be *3 years* later.

Again, dispute with EQ? Or request Debt Validation? It would, in theory, remove the entry 9 months earlier than scheduled.

My mind is mush. Any good suggestions embraced.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still Confused. Is it me or Equifax?

700Plus wrote:
There is a big difference b/t the info I pulled from EQ annual free report on 5/21 and the EQ/MyFico on 6/21.
Details, Card 1- Chase (past SOL):
1- On 5/21, EQ reported "You have no Accounts Currently Past Due on file." On 6/21, EQ reports about $9K past due

2- On 5/21 EQ report Chase Card as Closed, with amount past due, Status OK. On 6/21 EQ reports same Chase account as Open, with roughly same past due amount as on 5/21.
I also received, in the past 30 days, a letter from a CA, simply advising me that they're collecting info on me and may disclose it to others, that Chase is the client. No specifics, account #, etc.

First things first, DV the CA for the Chase account right away. Use their address on the letter they sent you. Save EVERYTHING. Letter from the CA, printed copies of your free CRs, printed copies of your CRs thru MyFico SW, etc.

Do NOT give them any info other than your name, address, and include a photocopy of their letter to you.

Sounds like a JDB with a B.S. claim fishing to try and pin something on you. Don't help them. Don't provide your SSN, phone number, DOB, or anything else.

Don't use the words "cease and desist" in your letter.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

700Plus wrote:

Details- Card 2, NextCard (past SOL)
NextCard debt has also been thrown into the 'currently past due' figure. According to the EQ person, the last payment/activity is now reported as 2 years ago, not 4-5 years ago. This changed in the past month. EQ says it's *NextCard* reporting. I *know* that this was/is at a collector.

The date for removal given to me by EQ is off, based on last payment/first delinquincy. BUT, if the 2005 last activity that they're reporting were accurate, the projected removal date would be *3 years* later.

Have you received ANY letters or phonecalls regarding the NextCard? Is there a CA showing on your CRs in connection with the NextCard TL?

Sounds like another JDB, but without a name, address or phone number, you have to wait to DV them.

Again, save everything. If you have a paper copy of your EQ report from May, then suddenly and magically they start changing things, you might have EQ on a solid violation for re-aging.

Send a written dispute to EQ. Send it CMRRR. Do NOT call them. You want a rock solid paper trail. Save your CM receipt, save the USPS receipt (which has the CM # on it), save the RRR green card when it comes back, save a photocopy of your signed letter with a reference line at the top showing the CM number. Something like this.

USPS CERTIFIED MAIL xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

If your letter, tell them you have a copy of your EQ CR from May, and now suddenly you see this change to your report.

You might consider signing up for TC. Lets you see all 3 CRs and update them every day so you know to the day, give or take a day or two, when something changes, appears or disappears.

Be sure to use the Walmart link and get TC for $11.21 a month.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this helps, but some of the NextBank accounts were sold to what is now a part of Chase (a bigger chunk were sold to Merrick). It's however a bank they acquired (Bank One), so they might not know where to find a given account.

It sometimes happens that accounts will appear and disappear from a file due to a glitch at the CRA.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.