cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy to increase score for next month

tag
years

Strategy to increase score for next month

First I would like to say thanks for everyone's posts and to those whol respond so quickly (for free).  When I started here on March 22 my EQ score was 439.  Today it is 497.  So I'm moving along.  I think a 58 point increase is pretty decent for that length of time.

My goal is to get to 620 (I want a house).  When?  This year would be ideal.

The only strategy I have used thus far is just paying down debt.

I have one installment loan:  owe about 2500 on 5000, payment is 225/mo.

CC #1=  balance was 700 PIF on 4/30.  was closed by credit grantor (credit limit 300 i think)

CC#2 = balance 233.00 paid all but 83.00.  was closed by credit granto due to economy no lates (credit limit 1000.00)

CC # 3 = balance was 760.00.  all paid but 292.00. was closed by credit grantor (credit limit 300)

CC # 4 = balance was 580.00.  all paid but 324.00.  only one still open (credit limit 400)

Balances got so high b/c I set them up in web bill pay.  One card was being paid but before the statement date thus I incurred late charges (ironically this is still the only one open showing no lates).  The other two are owned by the same company and I didn't realize I had only scheduled one payment until it was too late (incurred a lot of lates on CR).

Have three med collections.  Will start working on them this month.  Total is about $630.00.  Want to make sure I have the money before i start the HIPPA process.

Got letter back for another non med collection saying it would be removed b/c it couldn't be verified (expecting an update this month).

Mailed letter to CRA EQ today b/c one company didn't respond to DV letter.  It's been over 45 days.

Student loans in deferrment.  Over 100K.  Looking into IRB since I qualify.  I figured student loans wouldn't get me too many points since I don't have that kind of cash to knock a dent in them.

So any suggestions to a payment strategy for the end of this month.  I definitely have to pay the 225.00 and I will have about 500.00 more to put on the above mentioned items. 

Waiting until the 15th to pull new reports.  Three items should update this week ( at least they did in this time frame  last month according to scorewatch)

Message Edited by years on 05-11-2009 06:48 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Strategy to increase score for next month

The two credit card accounts being over the credit limit that have been paid off will help boast your score. If it is not already reflected in the latest score. I would pay off the open credit card in full first and apply the balance to the closed credit card. If you can work with original creditor on the medical collection accounts to get a pay for a delete on any of these accounts I adjust my first idea a little. The reason why I suggested paying the balance off in full is so that the creditor does not lower you credit limit or cloase the account. Hope this helps. Good luck!

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.