Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Error

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Error

In March of 2009 Dept Of Education marked me all CRB's 90 days late.  I finally spoke to the right person yesterday and she personally sent it thru to be changed.  She commented that sometimes the CRB's take a long time to fix an error, and that she was also sending me out a letter about the error that should arrive within 7 - 10 days. 

I have not been late on any account for the past 2 1/2 years.  This has made my score go down. How much of a bump do you think I might get.  I'm already in the 620 range if you average all three.  What would a recent derog taken off do for someone's score like mine.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Student Loan Error

Your scores should go back to where they were before, barring any other unrelated influences (changes in util, accounts getting older, accounts falling off, etc.)

Do you know what your FICO's were before the info was posted last March?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup,

No I can't remember what my score was before this hit.  The good part is since that happenend I've paid Tribute credit card off in full ( The went out of buisness), I paid my Continental Card down to $27.00 (375.00 CL) and Premier is holding at $0.00 ($200.00 CLI) I have no lates and all collections are paid except wow internet.  Trying to get the latter remove because it is over 5 years old, I don't want to pay it and it kills my growing score.

I'm hoping for a big payday.  I really want to get my home and I could go with a number of different FTHB programs (Still trying to hang in with NACA). I Can't believe what my credit looks like compare to when I started rebuilding a litlle over a year ago.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What gives?

Just like Deptartment of Education promised they updated two of my report Equifax & Experian.  They took off the 90 day late.  Great!!!! I thought ....No Credit score bump at all.  I was 610 on Experian on the 3rd and I am 610 today after the 90 day late was removed.  I guess I should be thankful it didn't go down Huh!   

I couldn't check Equifax because they only give you one score when you sign up for the free trial.  Does it take a few days for the score to catch up to the report?  What a bummer.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

gigi5 wrote:

What gives?

Just like Deptartment of Education promised they updated two of my report Equifax & Experian.  They took off the 90 day late.  Great!!!! I thought ....No Credit score bump at all.  I was 610 on Experian on the 3rd and I am 610 today after the 90 day late was removed.  I guess I should be thankful it didn't go down Huh!   

I couldn't check Equifax because they only give you one score when you sign up for the free trial.  Does it take a few days for the score to catch up to the report?  What a bummer.

Where are you getting your scores from? I'm asking because you referenced your Experian FICO score, which you can no longer purchase.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LiMirth,

Got scores from Transunion & Equifax & Experian from their free trials.  Experian I didnot receive not one point at all.  Equifax have to wait and renew the membership.  Transunion not a single point either.  I know they are FAKOS (Can't afford FICO)  But, not one point!

Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LiMirth,

Got scores from Transunion & Equifax & Experian from their free trials.  Experian I didnot receive not one point at all.  Equifax have to wait and renew the membership.  Transunion not a single point either.  I know they are FAKOS (Can't afford FICO)  But, not one point!

They are all FAKO's and do not relate to your FICO scores in any meaningful way. Unfortunately, if you want a FICO score you have to get it through a channel that provides FICO scores. There is a free trial offer for SW and there are also discount codes available for myFICO products if you search for them on the internet. Some of the codes are also emailed to you from time to time, but not all of them.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.